Learning How To Increase Vertical Leap can only be effective if you use the correct methods and principles. Once you are on the right track you will eventually see significant improvements in your jumps.
It can render your hard work useless if you are following an incorrect training program and this is exactly why you need to be very careful in choosing a program to use.
How To Increase Vertical Leap Effectively
- Flexibility – In order to achieve higher jumps you need to work on and improve the flexibility of your calves, Achilles, hip flexors and hamstrings. Increasing flexibility allows you to enhance the range of motion in your ankle and produce more power to jump higher. It can tone muscle groups and allow freedom of movement without exposing you to injuries or pain. You may perform dynamic flexibility movements to improve flexibility, motor ability and coordination.
- Strength – You need to improve your strength in order to jump higher. Developing your strength will allow you to automatically produce force and explosiveness. This means that when you improve your strength you will have the ability to jump higher. You can do high intensity strength training in order to produce maximum results.
- Power- Improving your strength enhances your power but practicing effective jumping exercises such as Plyometrics can significantly develop your ability to jump higher. Using this exercise will allow you to store energy in the muscles and release them to produce explosive movements. Plyometrics exercises may include skipping, squat jumps, box jumps, hopping or bounding and there are ever plyometrics programs that can help athletes train their nervous system and move safely and efficiently.
- Core – Your core such as your lower back, abs and hip flexors play important role in achieving higher jumps. The core is the center of the athlete’s movements including jumping and this is exactly why it needs to be strengthened. Doing crunches is fine but you actually need to venture into innovative exercises to work on the different angles and motions of your core. You need to work on the rest of your body to improve efficiency and power when jumping. A good core training may include deadlifts and squats as they can train your core muscles.
Sample Of Exercises For Higher Jumps
- You can start the workout by warming up and stretching your muscles. This is important as you will be intensely working on or building your muscle fibers when jumping so you actually need to do some stretching.
- The next thing to do is to do cardiovascular training such as using jump ropes. However you need to ensure that you don’t skip rope and you stick on jumping both your feet using the rope. Sprits may also be incorporated in the workout to improve your jumping ability. You may also run up and down the stairs as part of your workout session.
- You can perform sets of elevated jumps by following the steps stated below:
- Prepare a step bench on the ground and stand on it.
- You may then jump backward down the ground and make sure that you’re able to land safely and softly.
- You may then jump back into the step bench and make 3 sets of 10 repetitions for this specific exercise.
- You may then perform explosive leg jumps by following the steps below:
- Place your right foot in a platform and get ready for an explosive leg jump.
- You may then jump as high as you possibly can and focus on the explosion on the right leg. Switch your legs in the air and then try to land on the floor using your left foot.
- Perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions using your right and left foot alternately.
- You may take around 30 seconds to 1 minute rest after every set performed.
- You may then perform double jumps by following the steps below:
- Place yourself in a stationary position.
- Using both your feet perform a double jump for as high as you possibly can.
- You may jump immediately once you land on the floor and do 3 sets of 10 jumps.
- You need to let your legs rest for at least two days per week to allow them to recover after intense workouts.
The Best Ways To Improve Your Diet
Make sure that you eat foods that contain Creatine as it is proven to be effective in safely building muscles as well as in encouraging your muscles to recover after workouts. You may also eat fruits, vegetables, salads and low fat meats as well as avoid edible items that can add up to the accumulation of body fats such as processed foods. It is also best that you eat foods that are low in sodium, sugar, saturated, cholesterol and are rich in fiber like whole grains, in protein and fatty acids such as lean meats and fishes.
If you want to use an unquestionable effective and fast training method you can take advantage of a powerful program that can provide you with the results you need.
Learn about what effective training methods are all about! Use the program now! Visit: Guide To Increase Vertical Leap
There are many secrets in developing your body to make high jumps and everything that you need to know is included in the program.
Why don’t you take a look at a guide that will teach you how to perform at the highest level! Visit: How To Increase Vertical Leap